Shawn F. Murphy
Salt Spring Island, Canada
We need software which helps us to
express our thoughts and opinions
in a machine-understandable way,
so computers can ease and accelerate the evolution of:
- our shared knowledge;
- the software we manipulate it with;
- the visualizations we use to understand and communicate it;
- and the collective intelligence which results.
- Nooron.org is software for evolving knowledge, logic and presentation.
- Noosphere.org a place it will run, once ready
Doing Business As
I build systems to manage abstraction, including:
- a B2B trading system using ANSI X12 EDI
- a knowledge management and publishing engine rendering to SVG, PDF, HTML, RTF and DocBook
- an eCommerce engine combining storefronts,
currencies, payment systems, suppliers,
affiliates, coupons, promotions and levels
of good tangibility
- a Real Estate Transaction Standard (RETS) implementation
- database publishing system driving
daily generation and printing of numerous books as large
and complex as the yellow pages
- a Laboratory Information Management System
- a "legal opinion" interview expert system
- an academic bibliographic collaboration system
seeded with the Library of Congress data
- Friends and Family some of the people who inspire me.
- Spangler is a little graphics algorithm that still makes me smile.
- Utilities I wrote long long ago when the Web was young.